Saturday, August 30, 2008

Two weeks down . . .

I have officially been a law student for two weeks. It has not been as bad as I was thinking it would be. It has not been as good as I was hoping it would be.

I have learned a few things, an example of which would be that bats are fully capable of entering the law school. And apparently they do. And they like to dive-bomb petite brunettes who are too busy chugging coffee before their first class to notice such things until it is too late.

I have also learned that some of my professors are witty. And they catch on quickly. It only took one professor about a week longer than the rest of the 1Ls to notice that there is an ass among us. There are actually several, but one in particular stands out. Remember when you were in first grade and this one kid would raise his hand every four seconds? You know, the one who would wiggle around in his chair and make grunting sounds until he got called on? Yeah. We have one of those. He's old and loud and usually wrong. Anyway, this professor noticed. He called him out on it, which was hilarious. He is witty.

I have learned that some people are not quick-witted. Like the aforementioned gunner, for example (is a person technically a gunner even if they always give the wrong answer? I'm new at this). He seems to be the only one in the class who didn't notice that the professor called him out on being so obnoxious. He sucks.

But if he's the worst part of law school so far it can't be that bad, can it? Assuming they get the bats out of there by next week . . .

No comments: