Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Carpool

I am in a carpool with three random strangers who all happen to commute to school. We met at orientation and they all seemed really nice. And they are. One of them used to be a cop. I call him The Fuzz. The other two are young newly-weds who still think their husbands are their boyfriends. They are pretty short on personality. One is more boring than the other. She looooves running and she talks really slow. The other one looooves Jesus and hates gay people - because they "choose to do that". I call them Boring Barbie and Bible Barbie.

As soon as gas prices go down I am out of that pool so fast, it's not even funny. I'm sure that if I were by myself I would find better things to do than listen to conversations like this:

The Fuzz: That Women in Law chick has huge boobs!

Attractive Nuisance: I didn't notice.

Bible Barbie: Seriously?!? She was wearing this graphic tee that made them sooo obvious.

Boring Barbie: I know! They are at least double D's. My mom's a double D and they're about that size.

Bible Barbie: I think it's just wrong to call attention to them like that. I mean, you can't wear a shirt like that and not know that everyone will be looking at them. That is not what they're there for!

Boring Barbie: Yeah . . . and why don't any of the U.S. Olympic swimmers have boobs?

Bible Barbie: I KNOW! That is so gross, I can't even watch.

I now find myself worrying that all three of them are judging my boobs. Which are fine, by the way. But still.

2 comments:

JD-Maybe said...

Wear your Ipod it never fails. Even if you are not playing music wear it. Say you are listening to some podcast or something you HAVE to listen to.

Laughing said...

I would have a hard time not giving Bible Barbie a quick kick to the face.